This dish highlights the versatility of cantaloupe by showing its savory side. As part of the Melon Tasting it adds a different note to the otherwise cool and refreshing dish. If you are feeling especially ambitious check out the epic dinner party this dish was featured in.
- 750g Vegetable Broth
- 20g Butter
- 200g Peeled, Seeded, and Grated Cantaloupe
- 25g Chopped Shallots
- 5g Chopped Garlic
- 200g Arborio Rice
- 250g White Wine
- 25g Prosciutto
- 50g Mascarpone Cheese
- Basil for garnish
- Bring the vegetable broth to a slow simmer
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat
- Add the cantaloupe, shallots, and garlic. Cook, stirring often until the mixture has thickened (about 8 – 10 minutes)
- Add the Arborio rice and the white wine. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring to coat the rice
- Add the broth one ladle full at a time, stirring often. Wait until the liquid is almost all absorbed before adding another.
- Keep adding broth until the rice is tender and all the broth has been used (25 – 30 min).
- Stir in the mascarpone cheese and the prosciutto.
- Garnish with a basil chiffonade